8.05.2011

a "spooky" little swap...

    A couple months ago I joined in Michelle Geller's "little book" swap... it was so much fun. Fun to make the books, fun to see what everyone else made. There are some talented people out there!!!

   Since Halloween and Fall are just around the corner (yeah, really they are- I know those of you melting in the heat find that pretty hard to believe!) I thought it might be fun to have a Halloween-themed little book swap. About a dozen of the artists from the previous swap were interested... how about YOU? Would you like to play along with us?

It's really a simple (but creative) project... here's how the swap works (thank you Michelle for allowing me to use your instructions here- you worded things so that they made sense!)

Make an eight page little book using any theme or topic of your choosing. Links to instructions and a tutorial are below.

Start with an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper. Once you design and decorate, you will make good quality color photocopies, reducing it so that two unfolded books are on one sheet of 8 1/2" x 11" paper. Please note: when you reduce, you will lose approximately 1/8" border of the page. You'll need to be mindful that nothing important falls in the lost 1/8". The number of copies you will make is still to be determined (depends on how many people sign up for this swap). Each unfolded book will measure 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" before you fold it. If you take it to a copy center, request that they print it "2 up" and you will be golden! Get a good quality color copy on the best paper they have- it really makes the books look great.

After you reduce your book, fold and cut them up. When I folded up my little book it measured 1 3/4" x 2 3/4" If yours is a little larger or smaller, that's fine. Maybe even add some flat embellishments such as glitter, paint, a scrap of lace or a bit of ribbon. Please make sure you sign your little book on the back.

When you’re done with your books, mail them to me in a thick envelope (so they won’t get bent) along with $5 for postage. I'd like to recieve all books by September 21.

You will receive from me a big bundle full of little books, one from each person in the swap, all decorated and full of cuteness! I will mail out to you by September 28. The number of books you need to make will depend on how many want to join in the swap. You will only need to make one original (for you to keep yourself) and you will send me color photocopied little books.

If you would like to join this swap, please send me an email at thegypsymagpie@att.net

Here are some resources and "how to" information...
Tiny Book Tutorial from Julie Collings
Mini Book Instructions

Hope you join us in all the Spooky fun!!!

2 comments:

valerie said...

I am so glad you are hosting a tiny book swap for fall and Halloween. Please count me in and I sent you an email to add me to your list of participants too.

Cindy said...

I love Halloween and this looks like tons of fun. Can't wait to see what everyone does!

c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...