5.04.2010

spread your wings...

Last week I saw a 12x12 paper pad at Michaels and had to grab it.
I don't 'scrapbook' in the traditional sense, I don't do 12x12 pages and I don't do pre-printed pages... but... oh my gosh- the images inside were just too cute to pass up. I figured there would be some way to use the papers. And it was the only pad left, so I had to decide then and there!

This is what I ended up with- a 'collage' of sorts... using the pre-printed page, some 7Gypsies tags and rubber stamps.

Each paper had 2 sheets, so I used one sheet to cut out the words 'spread your wings' and also the top portion of the girl and her wings. Using layers of chipboard underneath (sometimes just one layer, other times multiple layers to get a variety of depth) I attached those to the matching sheet.

The same technique was used on the tags. Three of them had only 1 layer of chip underneath but the bottom right corner tag has 4 layers- I really wanted that one to 'pop' off the page.

A few sentiments with rubber stamps and it was done.

For now, it hangs above my sewing machine. I think I'll make a couple more from that same pad- it really has some cute images in it.

Spread your wings!


8 comments:

Wendy Aspinall said...

Love this and the paper thank for the tip,love that paper. I think I need a trip to Michaels. ~Wendy PS just in case you didn't know "hello My name is Wendy and I have a PAPER Addiction".....

RosesMarijke said...

Beautiful!!!

Jean Franks Beck said...

What a fabulous idea!! Looks so wonderful hanging in your craft room.

One Cheap B*tch said...

I love what you did! I buy scrapbook paper too but I don't scrapbook either. It's great to use for other crafty projects! I love the one you found!

Jeanine

Unknown said...

Love your newest project! Looks great hanging above your sewing machine. You have been a busy girl! And you went shopping at Michaels with out your pals....?

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful - love how you splash out and use your papers!

Susan HP said...

Love that you've done this, because I've bought pads & papers from Michaels for the same reason.
Your finished product is just beautiful!

Theresa Plas said...

Love how this turned out! Great job on the tutorial. Looking forward to your next post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...